Aug 18, 2012 / 9:00 am
Police are back at a park west of Toronto where human remains have been found.
A head and foot were found earlier this week and two hands were found Friday in the Credit River that flows through Hewick Meadows Park in Mississauga.
Peel regional police say it's not yet known if the left and right hands are from the same person as the foot and head, but they add it seems safe to assume so.
Sgt. Pete Brandwood says he's optimistic more evidence will emerge this weekend as police officers and other searchers scour the area. Police say identifying the body is a priority.
Authorities discovered a woman's head Thursday -- a day after hikers came across a woman's severed foot.
Police can't say if the body parts were placed where they were found or if they drifted there from another point upstream.
Read more Canada News
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire
- Saskatchewan zombies
- Sen. Pamela Wallin latest to leave caucus
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor
- Duffy quits Conservative caucus
- Liquor Control Board averts strike