Aug 12, 2012 / 9:40 am
Christine Sinclair will carry Canada's flag at the closing ceremony of the London Olympics.
Sinclair was chosen after leading the women's soccer team to a bronze medal.
It was the first medal for Canada in a traditional Summer Games team sport since 1936.
Sinclair was the popular choice after scoring an Olympic-record six goals in the women's tournament.
The Burnaby, native scored three goals during an emotional 4-3 semifinal loss to the United States.
Sinclair previously carried the flag during the opening ceremonies of the Pan American Games last fall in Mexico.
Read more 2012 Olympic Games articles
» London Blog
- Decoding the closing ceremony Aug 12
- The 'miracle tape' of the 2012 games Aug 12
- Christine Sinclair named flag-bearer Aug 12
- What has 32 golds and the Spice Girls? Aug 11
- Eyes On London Aug 11
- Olympic finish line in sight Aug 10
- Weinberger swims to marathon bronze Aug 10
- Bolt strikes again, and again Aug 9
- Verbeek earns 5th silver for Canada Aug 9
- Canada over France for soccer bronze Aug 9
- Huynh wrestles away bronze medal Aug 8
- Canada paddles to silver, bronze Aug 8
(Click for RSS instructions.)