Aug 10, 2012 / 6:00 pm
The number of people facing charges from the Stanley Cup riot in Vancouver last year now stands at 137.
BC's Criminal Justice Branch says 23 more people have been charged since its last update on the case in June.
The latest batch of accused include 20 adults and three youths, with charges ranging from taking part in a riot to assault, break and enter and mischief.
About 30 of those charged have already pleaded guilty, but only four have been sentenced, three getting jail terms and one a conditional sentence under house arrest.
Vancouver police have said they could be recommending charges against as many as 300 people before the riot investigation is over.
Hundreds of people were involved in smashing windows, burning cars and looting stores in the hours after the Vancouver Canucks lost Game 7 to the Boston Bruins in June last year.
Read more BC News
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
(Click for RSS instructions.)