Aug 10, 2012 / 6:31 am
Highway 97 N has re-opened after an early morning crash knocked down a power pole, forcing the closure of the road near UBCO.
At 2:55 a.m. Kelowna RCMP responded to a single vehicle incident on Highway 97 near the UBC overpass. The collision caused several power lines to drop and block the highway.
The downed lines also caused several power outages just south of the UBC turnoff.
The lone occupant of the motor vehicle was taken to Kelowna General Hospital.
Send photos and video to email@example.com
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13