Aug 9, 2012 / 4:43 pm
A man wanted in connection with several indecent acts in the Watt Road area is back on the streets after he was taken into custody Wednesday.
The 34-year-old Kelowna man was arrested after police received several complaints of a man seen fondling himself in public on the beach near Watt Road in early July.
Cst. Kris Clark says the man was identified with the assistance of the public after a photo of the suspect was released through the media.
The man appeared before a Judicial Justice of the Peace who released him on an Undertaking for Court September 10.
The court placed several conditions on the man, restricting his access to certain public areas and prohibiting him from being around children under the age of 16.
Due to a publication ban and to protect the identity of any victims, the man's name cannot be released at this time.
Clark reiterated there is no connection between this man and a man wanted in connection with a fondling incident at the Kelowna YMCA.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17
- Firetrucks off to Peru Jun 17
- Weather Report Jun 17
- Motorcycle, deer collide near Rutland Jun 16
- Bee gone Bernard honey makers Jun 16