Aug 9, 2012 / 10:55 am
Kelowna area housing starts were down in July compared to the same month last year.
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) reports 81 housing starts in July 2012 compared to 173 housing starts in July 2011.
Carol Frketich CMHC Regional Economist says detached home starts have been the focus of new home construction in 2012
“Detached home starts were up by half in July 2012 from the same month a year ago.”
Kamloops and Vernon housing starts were also lower compared to levels recorded in July 2011. Penticton area starts increased from a year earlier.
Read more Real Estate News
- On Site: Builder serves up Kitchener condos with a Hogtown feel
- On Site: Infill town homes offer an elegant entry to Forest Hill
- Price adjustment finds buyer for waterfront condo
- Bidding war for affordable Toronto townhouse unit
- Would-be buyers try letters, photos for chance at east Toronto home
- Pre-emptive offer snags Stock Yards home
- High demand = multiple offers for west end Toronto home
- Home’s modern look gets Toronto buyers roused
- Architect angles a Toronto condo for a difficult urban spot
- There are too many real-estate agents! How do I choose one?
- Kelowna luxury market best in Canada
- Kelowna housing starts and sales