Aug 9, 2012 / 6:26 am
Vancouver police have roped off the lane behind an east Vancouver apartment building as they investigate a suspicious death.
The victim, a man believed to be in his 50s, was found shortly after 9 p.m. Wednesday as officers responded to a 911 call about someone screaming.
Police say the man was dead by the time they arrived and they are appealing for information but have released no other details about the incident.
A woman living in the building says another tenant heard the screams and called for help after finding the victim hanging over a balcony.
The woman says the dead man, who hasn't been named, appeared to have been stabbed.
She says he had just moved into the apartment days earlier, but police have told her not to worry because they think the attack may be a targeted hit. (News1130)
Read more BC News
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
(Click for RSS instructions.)