Aug 8, 2012 / 4:48 pm
RCMP have confirmed a boat seized Saturday at the Eldorado boat launch was stolen.
The boat was apparently stolen from a Kelowna boat dealership back in the spring of 2008.
The black F23 Tomcat, along with the trailer, were valued at $85,000 new.
The boat was one of two seized on the weekend after police believed them to be stolen and their Hull Identification Numbers (HIN) altered.
Two people were arrested when the Tomcat was seized at the Eldorado boat launch. A 31-year-old Surrey man was released on a Promise to Appear in September.
About 12:45 Sunday, police conducted a vehicle stop on a Dodge Ram pulling a boat and trailer.
The Sanger Black Scorpion also appeared to have an altered HIN and was seized for further investigation.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17
- Firetrucks off to Peru Jun 17
- Weather Report Jun 17
- Motorcycle, deer collide near Rutland Jun 16
- Bee gone Bernard honey makers Jun 16
- Fishing derby anglers reel 'em in Jun 16
- Ride Don't Hide supports mental health Jun 16