Aug 6, 2012 / 11:15 am
A hiker who was injured while hiking in the Twin Lakes area Sunday was found early Monday by Vernon Search and Rescue.
The search began soon after 4 p.m. Sunday and lasted until about 3:30 a.m. when the man was found suffering from a lower leg injury, said search manager Leigh Pearson.
The man, believed to be in his early 50s, was airlifted by helicopter to Vernon Jubilee Hospital.
Pearson said the man was well prepared for the hike and activated an emergency locator beacon after he was injured.
“Unfortunately things like this happen,” he said.
Read more Vernon News
- Cussing and spitting his way to jail May 21
- Cycling across Canada for a cause May 20
- 4th annual YAA Festival May 18
- Chitty-Maverick bang bang grounded May 17
- Coldstream house fire May 16