Aug 2, 2012 / 5:00 am
A day after winning an Olympic silver medal, Canadian rower Malcolm Howard was mingling with royalty.
Prince Harry dropped by Canada Olympic House in London today.
He was greeted by Howard, who showed the prince his medal.
"It's heavy, eh?" said Howard
The prince asked Howard how he was enjoying the Games.
The veteran rower said he was just starting to now because his men's eight crewmates were so focused on racing.
Prince Harry later sat down with Howard and others gathered at COH to watch as Canada rowed to a silver medal in the women's eight.
Howard helped Canada win a silver in the men's eight on Wednesday.
Read more 2012 Olympic Games articles
» London Blog
- Decoding the closing ceremony Aug 12
- The 'miracle tape' of the 2012 games Aug 12
- Christine Sinclair named flag-bearer Aug 12
- What has 32 golds and the Spice Girls? Aug 11
- Eyes On London Aug 11
- Olympic finish line in sight Aug 10
- Weinberger swims to marathon bronze Aug 10
- Bolt strikes again, and again Aug 9
- Verbeek earns 5th silver for Canada Aug 9
- Canada over France for soccer bronze Aug 9
- Huynh wrestles away bronze medal Aug 8
- Canada paddles to silver, bronze Aug 8
(Click for RSS instructions.)