Dec 5, 2012 / 4:35 am
Come and meet the press.
Castanet news staff will be serving up free coffee today at the Streaming Cafe, 596 Leon Ave., from 8 to 11 a.m.
Come meet the news team and share your story ideas and your photos. Tell us what you like and how we can make Castanet even better.
Talk to one of our journalists and get a coupon for a free drip coffee, a tea or $2 off a specialty beverage or juice.
Scheduled to be on location for Castanet are:
- Wayne Moore
- Rob Balsdon
- Trevor Rockliffe
"It's a way for us to meet our readers and for them to have access to our journalists. No texts, no emails, no FaceTime, just real time face to face, old school," says News Director Trevor Rockliffe.
"Our readers are the best. If it happens they tell us about it. If they see it they shoot it and send us the pics and video. It gives us a big advantage to have so many people watching out for news and sending us tips. Now they can meet the team and put a face to the people they email."
The Castanet team will be working on stories on their computers from the cafe. Come on down and see how we do what we do, and and have a coffee or drink on us.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9