Jul 20, 2012 / 6:54 am
The Paris premiere of the new Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises" has been cancelled after a gunman killed 12 people at a Colorado opening of the same film.
Workers were pulling down the red carpet display in front of a movie theatre on the French capital's famed Champs-Elysees Avenue on Friday afternoon. Some could be seen carrying away a large mask that had adorned the facade of the theatre.
The night before in a Denver suburb, a man wearing a gas mask released an unknown gas into a crowded movie theatre and opened fire. Twelve people were killed and at least 50 wounded. The shooter, a man in his 20s, has been arrested. The FBI says there is no indication so far of any links to terror groups.
Read more World News
- SUV crashes into McDonald's play area
- Bangladesh cyclone fades away
- 12 tornadoes wallop North Texas
- Deadly tornado hits Texas
- Plane crashes at Nepal airstrip
- Car bomb in Afghan capital kills 15
- Cyclone weakens as it hits Bangladesh
- Deer crashes through bus windshield
- Cyclone a day away from destruction
- Cleveland kidnapper to plead not guilty
- OJ Simpson set to tell his story in court
- N. Korea: American sentenced to 15 yrs.
(Click for RSS instructions.)