Jul 20, 2012 / 6:16 am
U.S. law enforcement officials say the suspect in Friday's deadly shooting in Colorado is 24-year-old citizen James Holmes.
Officials believe Holmes killed a dozen people when he fired into a crowded movie theatre in a Denver suburb. He was wearing a gas mask and set off an unknown gas in the theatre.
At least 12 people were killed in the shooting at a Colorado movie theatre Thursday night,
Holmes is in custody, and the FBI says there is no indication the incident is tied to any terrorist groups.
The federal law enforcement officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation
Read more World News
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
- 2 found dead from Colo. wildfire
- Chemical plant explosion kills 1, 70 hurt
- Nazi SS commander found in Minnesota
- Syria's Assad used chemical weapons
- Colorado wildfire destroys 360 homes
- 93,000 confirmed killed in Syrian conflict
- 18-inch reptile found relaxing in puddle
- Jellyfish sting ends distance swim
- Fight for lung transplant successful
(Click for RSS instructions.)