Jul 19, 2012 / 6:28 am
Toronto police are investigating a shooting death in the city for the third night in a row.
A man in his 20s was found dead after police were called to the city's north end just after 1 a.m. (in the Lawrence and Allen Road area).
Police say the man was discovered near a school playground and was pronounced dead from gunshot wounds shortly after officers arrived.
There's no word yet on any suspects in Toronto's 30th homicide of the year.
On Tuesday night, a man was shot and killed at a soccer field in the west end, and on Monday, two young people were killed at a block party in the east end.
Read more Canada News
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire
- Saskatchewan zombies
- Sen. Pamela Wallin latest to leave caucus
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor
- Duffy quits Conservative caucus
- Liquor Control Board averts strike
- Senator Duffy resigns from caucus