Jul 4, 2012 / 12:55 pm
Montreal police have confirmed that a human head found in a park belongs to Jun Lin.
Lin's torso was found in a suitcase in late May, while other body parts were mailed to offices of political parties and to two schools.
Police said detectives were notified Wednesday that the body part found in Angrignon Park on Sunday was Lin's head.
Police said Lin's family was informed of the match.
Authorities had previously said the only body part missing from the gruesome dismemberment was the head.
Luka Rocco Magnotta has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in the death and will appear in court next year.
Read more Canada News
- Syria moved to top of G8 agenda
- Premier: Trudeau should return $20K
- Canada-EU free-trade talks 'difficult'
- "You robbed me of my son"
- Former army boss to lead Space Agency
- N.S man gets 11 years for kidnapping
- FIFA says turbans are acceptable
- Crown cops 'colluded' on Dziekanski
- Squirrel takes whirl in toilet
- Via Rail's new offer represents wage cuts
- Mayor Ford overshadows police raids
- Police conduct early morning raids in TO