Jul 4, 2012 / 12:09 pm
Memorial Park in West Kelowna will come alive with the sounds of music this summer.
Okanagan musicians will display their exceptional talents during the 'Music in the Park' concert series every Friday night on the stage below Johnson Bentley Memorial Pool.
Performances take place every Friday night from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. from July 6 through August 31.
The headline act at the first Music in the Park event on July 6 will be the Duelling Pianos. The opening act will be Watasun. Each week a featured youth performer will also take the stage.
Other headliners this summer will include:
- Robert Fine and the Dreamland Band - July 13
- Daisy and the Sparrow - July 20
- Scissor Kick - July 27
- LP & the 45’s - August 3
- Cod Gone Wild - August 10
- Moni Funk and the Groove Machine - August 17
- Shawn Hook - August 24
- Jimmy Leguiloux - August 31
Part of the community connection will happen through Facebook.
Join the conversation through their Facebook link.
'Music in the Park' will also be featured under Events and Meetings on the district's homepage throughout the summer.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Cdn. singer highlights Westside Daze Jun 13
- Premier ready to work for your vote Jun 12
- Heritage buildings saved from fire Jun 12
- West Kelowna opts for new score clock Jun 12
- Westside-Kelowna voting information Jun 12
- Byelection date set for July 10 Jun 12
- Traffic calming options explored Jun 12
- Dix comes out swinging Jun 12
- Carole Gordon Vs. Christy Clark Jun 11
- Hockeyville $$$ for a clock or sign Jun 10