Jul 3, 2012 / 8:47 am
Nine handguns were stolen from a Kelowna man's home on Friday.
Around 7:10 a.m. on June 30, RCMP received a report of a break and enter to a residence on the 2300 block of Stillingfleet Road.
Cst. Kris Clark says during the night someone broke into the garage through a small opening under the overhead door and pried open a gun safe.
"Inside the safe was a collection of various handguns, all registered to the homeowner."
Along with the firearms stolen from the man's collection a Samsung cellular phone was also taken.
No suspects have been identified.
Anyone with any information regarding this crime is asked to call the Kelowna RCMP, Cst Josefsson at 250-762-3300, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online to report.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13
- Flood Watch May 13
- Week in Review May 12
- Chain reaction accident on Hwy 97 May 11