Jun 29, 2012 / 2:00 pm
The American Idol Top 10 Summer Tour kicks off July 6th in Detroit, but only has one Canadian date: August 16th in Toronto. The closest the tour gets to the Okanagan is Seattle, for a show at Key Arena July 18th.
This year’s version of Idol arguably produced the strongest Top 10 ever, but is that enough to get us to buy tickets and make the trek up to SeaTown?
Castanet was the only Canadian media outlet to be invited to a special Idol Tour press junket last week, and I was able to spend time with all the Idols getting to know them and talking to the group about the tour. The one question that I asked them all is why Okanagan residents should buy tickets and drive to Seattle.
Another theme that kept coming up is how often the Idols participate in pranking each other. This is one very close group that loves hanging out together, and right now they’re enjoying the absence of the heavy pressure that weighed over them during the grueling run of the TV show.
Is it worth the trip to Seattle to see the tour? I can’t say for sure, as the tour hasn’t exactly had the greatest track record from previous years. But one thing I do know: according to everyone I’ve talked to, including the tour’s promoters, this year will probably be the best yet. Whether or not that’s enough for anyone to make that commitment is up to you.
There was a lot of video footage to go through, but I hope I’ve been able to capture as much as I could in five minutes here.
Read more Celebrity Soup articles
- Paris Hilton + Chris Brown = Scary Jul 31
- Robert Pattinson ditching K-Stew Jul 26
- Lindsay Lohan's got a same-sex crush Jul 24
- Emmy snubs, surprises and shockers Jul 19
- Rush Limbaugh thinks Batman is real Jul 18
- Has Madonna resorted to stripping? Jul 17
- Was Katie duping Tom all along? Jul 11
- Biebs a feebs at driving, menace to LA Jul 10
- See a celeb in LA without being creepy Jul 4
- Magic Mike goers get hot, deep bonus Jul 3
- Top 10 Idols tell Kelowna where to go Jun 29
- Lohan poses with a gun in her mouth Jun 27
(Click for RSS instructions.)