Jun 26, 2012 / 9:25 pm
Minister of Education George Abbott has issued the following statement:
"We are pleased that mediation has resulted in a tentative Memorandum of Settlement between the British Columbia Public School Employers' Association and the British Columbia Teachers' Federation.
"Under Dr. Charles Jago's guidance, the parties worked extremely hard and made progress on many important issues.
"The term of the agreement runs until June 30, 2013, sets out improved language to manage leave provisions, and is consistent with government's net zero mandate. In addition, the parties agreed to further discuss and seek
mutually agreeable improvements on key policy issues to provide students with the best education possible.
"In the days ahead, BCPSEA and the BCTF will communicate further information to their members about the agreement and next steps with respect to ratification.
"We would like to take this opportunity to thank Dr. Jago for the tireless commitment, effort and energy he brought to the mediation process. His success in this endeavour is consistent with the many successes he has achieved in his distinguished career."
Read more BC News
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
- Malaysian company to invest $16B
- Premier's first priority? Raises for staff
- Charges approved against 229 in riot
- RCMP seeking stolen dirtbike
- Okanagan prepares for invasive species
- Cop involved in Surrey Six resigns
- Newly-wed believed drowned
- Kamloops: truck, trailer & owner stolen
(Click for RSS instructions.)