Jun 26, 2012 / 10:01 am
The City of Kelowna set up temporary pumps at the Water Street Boat Launch and the Royal Avenue beach access to help minimize potential flooding in the downtown area due to the high lake level.
The current lake level has exceeded 10 cm over full pool.
Pumps started running Monday and will continue until the lake has receded to a safe level.
For public safety, the Royal Avenue beach access will be closed while the pumps are in place. Residents are asked to stay away from crews and equipment working.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19