Jun 26, 2012 / 8:26 am
You can add another first for the Kelowna Falcons early in the West Coast League baseball season.
Hot on the heels of a record breaking 39 run outburst in the first three games of last week's series with Walla Walla, the Falcons have added another first -- a three game sweep of the Bend Elks.
The soaring Falcons completed the sweep Monday night brushing away the visitors 8-1 at Elk Stadium.
Kyle Pearson keyed the Falcons attack with three hits, including his league leading fifth home run of the season, three runs scored and an RBI.
Andrew Firth drove in a pair of runs for the Falcons with a two run single during a four run fourth inning.
The Falcons would get three more in the fifth and one in the sixth to put the game away.
The Elks lone run came during the top of the ninth inning.
Cord Cockrill ran his record to a perfect 3-0 allowing just an unearned run in eight plus innings of work. He allowed four hits and struck out five.
The Falcons have now won six in a row running their record to 13-5, second in the Eastern Division just two games in back of Wentachee.
Kelowna has a few days off before hitting the road for three game series in Klameth Falls and Bend beginning Friday.
Prior to Monday's game the Falcons learned two of their players were named co-winners of the Player of the Week award.
Pitcher David Ernst made two starts and earned two wins allowing only four hits and a run over 11.2 innings pitched. For the summer, Ernst is 2-0 with a 1.29 ERA.
Catcher Jerry McClanahan went 12-for-21 with four doubles, two home runs and five RBIs to earn his share of WCL Player of the Week honours.
Read more Sports News
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Penticton Lakers
- Okanagan College Coyotes
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Westside Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Kelowna Ball Hockey
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Sunplex Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Lake Country Old-Timers Hockey Association
- Orchard City Hockey League
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan All Stars Hockey Club
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
- Kelowna Women's Soccer
- Kelowna Men's Soccer
- Okanagan Challenge
- Kelowna United FC
- Central Okanagan Youth
- Kelowna Youth Soccer
- Westside Youth Soccer
- Rutland Youth Soccer
- Lake Country Youth Soccer
- Penticton Soccer Club
- South Okanagan Similkameen Youth Soccer
- Thompson Okanagan Football Club
- Sunplex Futsal League
- Pepsi Premier Soccer League
- CSA | FIFA | MLS
- Kelowna AquaJets
- Liquid Lightning Swim Club
- Ogopogo Summer Swim Club
- Okanagan Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Badminton Club
- The Penticton Yacht & Tennis
- OK Mission Tennis
- Lakeview Heights Tennis
- Vernon Tennis Association
- Squash BC Okanagan League
- ESPN Tennis
Does your local team have a website?
Email us to add your community sports link.
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us firstname.lastname@example.org for publication here.
- Wharnsby: Senators down to final lifeline
- Rio Ferdinand back for a 12th season with Manchester United
- Eugenie Bouchard advances to Strasbourg International semis
- Halifax Mooseheads clinch berth in Memorial Cup final
- Wrestling rule changes please IOC, but no Olympic guarantees
- UEFA hopes to clamp down on racism with minimum 10-match penalty
- Blue Jays host Orioles in bid to catch up in AL East
- Blackhawks look for breakthrough on Wings goalie Howard
- Sharks hope to wrest control of series from home-loving Kings
- Bruins want to show they have killer instinct to sweep
- OK Sun searching for billet homes
- Stanley Cup Stories: Penguins' stars burn Senators
(Click for RSS instructions.)