Jun 26, 2012 / 7:47 am
One man is dead after a shooting on the streets of the Metro Vancouver suburb of Port Moody, northeast of Vancouver.
Port Moody police were called just before 4:45 p.m. after the man was shot and killed while outside a Starbucks (near St. Johns Street and Queen Street).
One caller to a local radio station (News1130) says he heard six shots, half a second apart.
The victim has not yet been positively identified but police say the early indication is that he is known to police and this was a targeted gang-related shooting.
Police say there are no firm details yet on a possible suspect or suspects.
Vancouver and Port Moody police will be on the scene for most of the night looking for clues and canvassing the neighbourhood.
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)