Jun 25, 2012 / 7:36 pm
A group of seven-year-old girls in Port Coquitlam, B.C., made a grisly discovery Monday when they stumbled upon a dead body behind their elementary school.
A parent of a student at Irvine Elementary says the group of girls were playing near a fence adjoining the school ground during recess when they found the body of a man.
The parent, who didn't want to be named, says students were allowed to finish their school day, despite the police investigation ongoing right next to the school.
A letter released to parents says the body had likely been there since the weekend.
Coquitlam RCMP says its major crime section and forensic identification services are investigating.
RCMP have not released the name or any information about the man except that he was in his late 30s.
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)