Jun 23, 2012 / 3:15 pm
The Kelowna Falcons game scheduled for Saturday night versus the Bend Elks has been postponed due to rain.
The game will be made up on Sunday afternoon, part of a doubleheader. First game will begin at 4:00pm, with the second one to follow at 6:35pm.
All tickets purchased for Saturday night’s game will be honoured on Sunday at 4:00pm.
The Falcons and Elks will conclude their three series on Monday night at 6:35pm.
On Friday, the Falcons came from behind to beat the Walla Walla Sweets 6-3, winning the series three games to one.
In a game that saw just one run and four hits through the first six innings, the two clubs would save the excitement for the final three innings.
In the top of the seventh, with the Falcons in front 1-0, the Sweets would score three times on four hits with two out, highlighted by a two run triple by Alex Bonczyk. The visitors would take a 3-1 lead.
In the bottom of the eighth the Falcons’ bats would wake up. The home side would send 10 men to the plate and score five times on four hits.
After a bases loaded walk to bring the Falcons within one, RBI leader Kyle Pearson would hit a two out, two run single to put the Falcons ahead 4-3.
The very next batter Jerry McClanahan would collect his third hit of the night, a double to score another run, before Andrew Firth made the score 6-3 on a two out hit to right.
Curtis Sawchuk who struck out both batters he faced picked up his first win of the summer, while Jace Conrad recorded the save.
McClanahan would finish 3-5 with an RBI, Pearson was 2-4 with an RBI and Jonathan Munoz made his debut and would score the winning run.
The Falcons raise their record to 10-5 and will host the Bend Elks (8-6) for a three game series starting on Saturday night at Elks Stadium.
--by Ryan Watters
Read more Sports News
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Penticton Lakers
- Okanagan College Coyotes
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Westside Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Kelowna Ball Hockey
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Sunplex Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Lake Country Old-Timers Hockey Association
- Orchard City Hockey League
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan All Stars Hockey Club
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
- Kelowna Women's Soccer
- Kelowna Men's Soccer
- Okanagan Challenge
- Kelowna United FC
- Central Okanagan Youth
- Kelowna Youth Soccer
- Westside Youth Soccer
- Rutland Youth Soccer
- Lake Country Youth Soccer
- Penticton Soccer Club
- South Okanagan Similkameen Youth Soccer
- Thompson Okanagan Football Club
- Sunplex Futsal League
- Pepsi Premier Soccer League
- CSA | FIFA | MLS
- Kelowna AquaJets
- Liquid Lightning Swim Club
- Ogopogo Summer Swim Club
- Okanagan Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Badminton Club
- The Penticton Yacht & Tennis
- OK Mission Tennis
- Lakeview Heights Tennis
- Vernon Tennis Association
- Squash BC Okanagan League
- ESPN Tennis
Does your local team have a website?
Email us to add your community sports link.
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us email@example.com for publication here.
- Arsenal grabs final Champions League berth: EPL
- Canada's Paul Henderson, Danielle Goyette enter IIHF Hall of Fame
- Blue Jays washed out of the Bronx
- Wharnsby: Senators need Spezza, home ice to pay off in Game 3
- Serena Williams, Rafael Nadal win Italian Open
- R.A. Dickey, Blue Jays look to avoid sweep in New York
- Stanley Cup Stories: Jason Spezza a go, Wings rebound
- Logan Couture's OT goal lifts Sharks past Kings
- Pacers eliminate Knicks, will face Heat in East final
- MacKinnon bests Jones, leads Mooseheads over Winterhawks
- Whitecaps surrender late goal, settle for draw with Timbers
- David Beckham bids tearful farewell in Paris
(Click for RSS instructions.)