Jun 20, 2012 / 10:00 pm
Today, Castanet took part in an American Idol press junket for the upcoming tour that begins July 6th in Detroit, Michigan.
Okanagan Idol fans will have to take the drive to Seattle, where the Top 10 will be performing July 18 at Key Arena.
I had the chance to speak with each of the Top 10 Idols, but I’ve got to say - the experience was slightly intimidating. Not because the Idols were hard to deal with -- they were actually extremely personable and funny -- but mainly because I had to conduct my interviews right beside E! News, Access Hollywood, and MTV News. Each media outlet had about five feet of space (I kid you not!), so having to do my thing beside media pros who do this all the time was daunting.
I’ll be putting together a video package with highlights from all the interviews, but for now, here’s an exclusive look at the Idols singing a quick tune as well as my question to winner Phillip Phillips about visiting Canada. Can you believe that none of the Idols I spoke to have been to Canada? Sad, hey?
Castanet was the only Canadian media outlet on hand today, and oddly, there was only one utterance of the word “eh”. Being the only Canadian in the room, it was interesting to hear how Americans view us...
Stay tuned here at Celebrity Soup for more.
Read more Celebrity Soup articles
- Paris Hilton + Chris Brown = Scary Jul 31
- Robert Pattinson ditching K-Stew Jul 26
- Lindsay Lohan's got a same-sex crush Jul 24
- Emmy snubs, surprises and shockers Jul 19
- Rush Limbaugh thinks Batman is real Jul 18
- Has Madonna resorted to stripping? Jul 17
- Was Katie duping Tom all along? Jul 11
- Biebs a feebs at driving, menace to LA Jul 10
- See a celeb in LA without being creepy Jul 4
- Magic Mike goers get hot, deep bonus Jul 3
- Top 10 Idols tell Kelowna where to go Jun 29
- Lohan poses with a gun in her mouth Jun 27
(Click for RSS instructions.)