Jun 20, 2012 / 4:51 pm
Video: Kelly Hayes - Castanet
OKM grads admit things got out of control at a bush party Tuesday night.
Up to 100 students showed up at a Chute Lake Road campsite and they left a ton of garbage in the forest.
One of the students was still on location when RCMP showed up to investigate.
"It's not pretty," admitted Brendan, one of the participants.
Police were called to the scene following complaints.
"It's a mess," says Cst. Jimmy Chau.
Bottles and beer cans littered the area, along with condoms, clothes, tarps, food, and several empty shotgun shells. One live round was found near a giant smouldering fire pit.
The students also threw at least one tent into the fire and a couple of lawn chairs.
The students say they'll clean up the mess.
Police also found a squatters camp nearby including two trailers with a make shift sewage line. There was no one inside.
The Regional District wants it removed because the sewage is being pumped into the forest.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19