Jun 19, 2012 / 4:03 pm
The wife of a guard who survived a shooting during an armoured car robbery in Edmonton says he opened his eyes at least once and squeezed her hand.
Jennifer Schuman says in a statement that her husband, Matthew, remains in critical but stable condition in hospital.
She says he went back to sleep after he responded to her, but she remains cautiously optimistic that he will improve.
Schuman says she wants the accused to explain his actions, because they have affected so many lives.
Three other guards were killed at the University of Alberta on Friday as they were delivering cash to an ATM machine.
Travis Baumgartner, one of the crew on the money run, is in custody and charges of first-degree murder and attempted murder are pending.
Read more Canada News
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor
- Duffy quits Conservative caucus
- Liquor Control Board averts strike
- Senator Duffy resigns from caucus
- Accused sexual predator to plea guilty
- Duffy debacle
- On the road again-Harper pumps pipeline
- Giant pandas' VIP debut at Toronto Zoo
- Duffy claimed campaigning expenses
- Killer cement truck driver up for parole