Jun 18, 2012 / 4:16 pm
The only sitting member of the BC Conservative Party will be in the Okanagan this weekend.
John van Dongen is scheduled to speak at a 'Kickoff Summer BBQ' hosted by Graeme James, who is seeking the party nomination in Kelowna-Lake Country and the local constituency association.
"We are thrilled to have an opportunity for our constituents to meet John," says James.
"His integrity and his crusade to make the government more open and accountable in dealing with all issues, not just BC Rail, are an inspiration to me personally and to all our members."
van Dongen, who earlier this spring left the Liberal government to sit as a BC Conservative member in the Legislature, will address those in attendance and will speak on matters including his reasons for crossing the floor of the Legislature.
Other BC Conservative candidates running for the nomination in Kelowna-Mission, Westside-Kelowna and the Shuswap will also be in attendance.
The Barbecue will be held Saturday, June 23, from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. at 2360 Scenic Road.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13
- Flood Watch May 13
- Week in Review May 12