Jun 18, 2012 / 4:13 pm
Update Tuesday: The missing four horses have been located safe at a stable near the Kelowna airport. The person who took the horses claims to have had permission from the SPCA.
Four members of Silverado Socrates' family are missing.
The horses were reported stolen from Socrates' farm on Bear Creek Road, last Thursday.
Socrates, who owns Mandy and Me trail riding, says she is putting together a plan of attack, by getting the word out through social media.
One Facebook posts suggest the horses may show up at a local auction, in Armstrong.
West Kelowna Mayor, Doug Findlater, joined the conversation on Facebook, expressing his concern and writing he will be keeping his eyes open.
Socrates is worried the horses may not be getting the proper feed, as a change in diet could be deadly.
"If someone has taken them, they can't have a big change in diet because they could be in danger of colic and that can be deadly."
The Mandy and Me owner admits the BCSPCA was at her farm just last week looking into allegations, her horses were malnourished.
The BCSPCA tells Castanet that the allegations are unfounded and that Socrates' horses appear for the most part in good health.
RCMP would not comment.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9