Jun 18, 2012 / 4:34 pm
The residents of Chase will not be able to go to their emergency department this week, it's closed. This is the second time in four months the centre has been closed.
Due to limited physician availability the Chase Health Centre Emergency Department will be temporarily closed Monday, June 18, to Friday, June 22.
The emergency department also closed back in March due to similar circumstances, causing concern among residents.
The general manager at the Parkside Estate assisted living residence says although the doctors in Chase were 'fantastic' it is scary to think that no physicians will be available.
In the event of an emergency residents are advised to call 911. For non-urgent matters, people are asked to use emergency departments in Kamloops and Salmon Arm.
If individuals are unsure about what services they require, Interior Health suggests calling HealthLink BC at 8-1-1.
The Health Centre will remain open with other serves available as usual.
In a statement, Interior Health says it regrets the interruption to service.
Emergency Department services normally operate Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
If you have a story you would like to share with Castanet, regarding complications you have experienced due to the closure of the emergency department in Chase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more BC News
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
(Click for RSS instructions.)