Jun 17, 2012 / 9:00 am
I humbly share this Father's Day story from my good friend, Nico Boeston.
Nico is a doer in town or perhaps you could more aptly call him a creator. Behind some of the most creative events or gatherings in Kelowna, Nico's hand is guiding their creation or promotion. I won't have time to let you know about his latest festival in a full post but if you're looking for something unique this Canada Day take some time to check out the next evolution of Lille Gard http://www.castanet.net/events/lille_gard_2012_-_music_and_arts_festival/9797.
We ran a story on last years event too: http://www.castanet.net/news/What-s-On/62896/The-little-concert-that-could
But let's get back to the main story. For Father's Day, Nico wanted to share a song and story that he wrote about his dad. This Father's Day, connect with your dad or perhaps connect with the legacy that remains.
"3 years after my dad died of cancer, I had an incredibly life-like dream where I not only saw my dad, but encountered him in a way that changed my life. This song is a response to that encounter and dedicated to my dad, my best friend, and encourager until his last breath: Henk Boesten (1948 – 2008)
Read more What's On articles
- Opera Kelowna Launches Apr 18
- Art, Music, and Coffee Culture Apr 11
- How Canada Came To Be Apr 4
- Stars and Whales Kelowna bound Mar 28
- OUR Coffeehouse Mar 22
- Adrienne Pierce returns to Kelowna Mar 21
- Start a new business in 54hrs? Mar 8
- Salsa Saturday Feb 27
- A Taste of Home Feb 22
- Canadian R&B star will shine at KCT Feb 22
- Raising $10K in 3 hours? Feb 19
- Sarah Slean performs from Land & Sea Feb 18
(Click for RSS instructions.)