Jun 15, 2012 / 8:00 am
It took four games but the Kelowna Falcons finally got the better of the Cowlitz Black Bears.
After dropping three straight to their Washington State rival, the Falcons bats came alive Thursday in a 11-3 pounding of the visiting Black Bears.
After just seven hits in the first game of the series, the offence erupted for 13 hits in game two.
Five Falcons had multi-hit games including a 3-5 night from Tyler Qualls who continues to lead the West Coast League with a lofty .522 average
The Falcons snapped a 1-1 tie with three runs in the third, keyed by Qualls two run triple. Qualls later scored on Kyle Pearson's sacrifice fly.
The Falcons blew the game open with four unearned runs during a five run seventh.
Andrew Firth and Jace Conrad both finished with three hits. Pearson and Kelowna native Ryan Stajduhar each had two hits.
The Falcons got another solid outing from their starting pitcher.
Juan Padilla, in his first start of the summer, threw seven innings allowing just one run on three hits while striking out five and picked up the win. Hunter Wood pitched the final two innings giving up a run on two hits.
Friday night the Falcons will host the Black Bears in the final game of the series in a rubber match. Gates open at 5:30 with the first pitch at 6:35.
Brandon Marris gets the start for the Falcons.
Friday night is a Father’s Day celebrations as Dad’s get in for half price.
Plus two Dads will compete in a BBQ build off contest sponsored by Rona and M&M Meat Shops in the Mission Plaza.
Read more Sports News
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Penticton Lakers
- Okanagan College Coyotes
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Westside Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Kelowna Ball Hockey
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Sunplex Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Lake Country Old-Timers Hockey Association
- Orchard City Hockey League
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan All Stars Hockey Club
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
- Kelowna Women's Soccer
- Kelowna Men's Soccer
- Okanagan Challenge
- Kelowna United FC
- Central Okanagan Youth
- Kelowna Youth Soccer
- Westside Youth Soccer
- Rutland Youth Soccer
- Lake Country Youth Soccer
- Penticton Soccer Club
- South Okanagan Similkameen Youth Soccer
- Thompson Okanagan Football Club
- Sunplex Futsal League
- Pepsi Premier Soccer League
- CSA | FIFA | MLS
- Kelowna AquaJets
- Liquid Lightning Swim Club
- Ogopogo Summer Swim Club
- Okanagan Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Badminton Club
- The Penticton Yacht & Tennis
- OK Mission Tennis
- Lakeview Heights Tennis
- Vernon Tennis Association
- Squash BC Okanagan League
- ESPN Tennis
Does your local team have a website?
Email us to add your community sports link.
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us email@example.com for publication here.
- What's in store for Patrick Roy, NHL coach?
- Inter Milan hires Walter Mazzarri as head coach
- Raptors trying to woo top GM Masai Ujiri away from Nuggets
- Ex-Stampeder Joffrey Reynolds gets 90 days for assault
- Bayern players know how to approach biggest Champions League spotlight
- Sens reunite Alfredsson, Spezza, Michalek for Game 5
- B.C. Lions sign quarterback Joey Elliott
- Groves: Don't train harder, train smarter
- Veteran Blue Jays reliever Darren Oliver goes on DL
- Blackhawks stars Kane, Toews struggling
- Canada's Eugenie Bouchard falls just short in Strasbourg semifinals
- 2013 NBA Conference Finals
(Click for RSS instructions.)