Jun 14, 2012 / 11:02 am
Two men were arrested after fleeing from a van that had been stolen in Valemount last week.
Kelowna RCMP received a called of a suspicious vehicle on the 800 block of Dalton Road around 8:20 a.m. Wednesday.
A grey Dodge Caravan had been parked there for a couple days and it was believed that people were squatting inside.
Codee Mullin, 18 and David Millis-Gladu, 18, fled the van when police attended the scene to investigate. Mullin was quickly caught and arrested. Mills-Gladu was later apprehended by a police service dog on Houghton Road after a lengthy foot chase.
Mills-Gladu had to receive medical attention for his minor injuries he obtained during his flight and arrest.
Both men were held in custody and appeared in court Wednesday.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15