Jun 14, 2012 / 7:39 am
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp., expects both new and existing home markets to moderate through the end of the year.
The agency's second-quarter housing market outlook says housing starts on an annual basis will be in the range of 182,300 to 220,600 units this year.
It expects starts for 2013 to range between 175,100 and 213,500 units.
It forecasts that existing home sales will be in the range of 431,200 to 516,100 units this year and expects sales next year to range between 431,300 and 522,400 units.
The outlook suggests the average Multiple Listing Service price will range between $341,100 and $406,700 this year and between $346,000 and $419,900 next year.
It says the moderate increases in the average price, of two to three per cent, are consistent with the balanced market conditions that are expected to continue in 2012 and 2013.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||0.55||-0.03|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.53||-0.01|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.52||-0.16|
The majority of Canadians prefer to make their big move during the summer season. There are a variety of reasons for choosing this time of year: it is easier to transport boxes in non-icy condition...
It appears as though more people these days are looking for an investment in real estate which offers cash flow returns. The fundamentals of cash flow type properties had been turned upsi...
Getintheloop Marketing Ltd. recently launched their membership platform, Getintheloop.ca. The new website offers an exclusive members area for access to discounts in the South Okanagan on premium res...
- 'Gatsby' earns $51.1M, 'Iron Man' $72.5M
- Chrysler recalls nearly 470,000 SUVs
- Bell not interested in selling more Astral
- Loonie dips over a quarter
- Taxman and the offshore tax havens
- Sharktopus views turns on YouTube TV
- Social media makes Disney blink
- BCE looks to cut $170 million
- TD Bank: Loonie could fall to 90 cents US
- Mixed results for North American markets
- Ex-Enron CEO cuts new deal
- Canadian dollar nudges upward