Jun 13, 2012 / 8:00 pm
A small dog was mauled by a cougar on southern Vancouver Island Tuesday.
The Lakeland Terrier named Rupert is owned by Joanne Green, who lives on a rural property in East Sooke, east of Victoria.
She says she let Rupert and her other dogs out Tuesday morning and went back into the house.
About 10 minutes later she heard one of the dogs scream and went outside to see a cougar running into the bushes, with Rupert lying on the ground.
The terrier was taken to a Victoria veterinary hospital in critical condition with trauma and puncture wounds to the head.
Conservation officers did a sweep of the area, but didn't find the cougar. (CFAX)
Read more BC News
- Atheist ad rejected by billboard company
- Site C dam will drown their dream home
- Suspect damages police cars in Burnaby
- Canadian luge team: 2nd in World Cup
- Woman convicted for stabbing ex
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
(Click for RSS instructions.)