May 30, 2012 / 1:54 pm
An armed man suspected in a double murder and an attempted murder in Burnaby, B.C., has been killed in a shootout with police.
RCMP caught up with 26-year-old Angus David Mitchell in Maple Ridge within hours of issuing a public warning about him.
Supt. Dave Walsh says Mitchell was shot in a confrontation with members of the emergency response team in a rural area.
Police were called to the area after reports someone had seen a vehicle believed to be owned by Mitchell.
Police say Mitchell was a suspect in the shooting deaths of a man and woman in a restaurant on Sunday and in the shooting and wounding of his former landlord on Tuesday.
Police said Mitchell had been evicted from his home six months ago. (News1130,CKNW)
Read more BC News
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
- Malaysian company to invest $16B
- Premier's first priority? Raises for staff
- Charges approved against 229 in riot
- RCMP seeking stolen dirtbike
- Okanagan prepares for invasive species
(Click for RSS instructions.)