May 30, 2012 / 1:54 pm
An armed man suspected in a double murder and an attempted murder in Burnaby, B.C., has been killed in a shootout with police.
RCMP caught up with 26-year-old Angus David Mitchell in Maple Ridge within hours of issuing a public warning about him.
Supt. Dave Walsh says Mitchell was shot in a confrontation with members of the emergency response team in a rural area.
Police were called to the area after reports someone had seen a vehicle believed to be owned by Mitchell.
Police say Mitchell was a suspect in the shooting deaths of a man and woman in a restaurant on Sunday and in the shooting and wounding of his former landlord on Tuesday.
Police said Mitchell had been evicted from his home six months ago. (News1130,CKNW)
Read more BC News
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
(Click for RSS instructions.)