Apr 29, 2012 / 11:28 pm
RCMP say an after-crash fire involving a pickup truck on Highway 5 near Hope, B.C., was so hot they're unsure if there was more than one person in the vehicle.
Police say they believe, but can't confirm, the truck was a 2011 or 2012 Ford.
Officers responded to reports of the crash Sunday morning and say it appears the truck left the road, rammed a concrete pillar and went up in flames.
It doesn't appear that weather or road conditions contributed to the crash.
RCMP are asking anyone who may have witnessed the accident, or someone who is waiting for an overdue traveller driving such a truck, to call them.
A police collision reconstructionist and the BC Coroners Service are both investigating the crash.
Read more BC News
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
(Click for RSS instructions.)