Apr 28, 2012 / 12:57 pm
Two people with behind-the-scenes jobs with B.C.'s Liberal party are resigning.
Environment Minister Terry Lake says executive director Chad Pederson is leaving at the end of May for a job with a non-profit organization.
Pederson had been in his current position since December 2010, and Lake says he's leaving on good terms.
The party's recently hired director of communications, Jehnifer Benoit, has also given notice she's quitting next month.
MLA Kevin Krueger says the two resignations are a coincidence and that many young people move on from government jobs to other positions. (CHNL)
Read more BC News
- Snow hits the Coquihalla & 97C
- Saanich man, 85, beat in home invasion
- Driver, 11, flips jeep killing 12-year-old
- Air force helps rescue hiker
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
(Click for RSS instructions.)