Do you have your tickets to one of Summerhill’s Chef’s Table dinners yet? The certified organic winery along the Lakeshore Wine Route in Kelowna is putting on two more remarkable evenings featuring wine paired seven course dinner – and limited to only 24 seats per dinner – on April 26 and May 31. These evenings will feature locally sourced ingredients (organic or wild, of course) and Summerhill Pyramid Winery’s award-winning wines.
If you are familiar with the Sunset Organic Bistro’s Executive Chef Jesse Croy, then you know his philosophy of finding great producers and letting the flavours of their food shine through his dishes. These 7-course meals featuring locally-sourced organic or wild ingredients will undoubtedly be a knock-out!
Chef Croy has coordinated a network of local farmers and growers to build his menus, showcasing Canada’s finest wild and organic products. Croy continues to develop his style using organic vegetables from Summerhill’s own onsite culinary permaculture garden. Carefully harvested and processed, these ingredients have become key components in the Sunset Bistro’s seasonal menus. Chef Croy is a firm believer in balancing simplicity and complexity when approaching the plate, ensuring the ingredient and its origin are always well respected.
The dishes at the April 26 and May 31 Chef’s Table dinners will be expertly complemented by Summerhill Pyramid Winery’s organic wine. The pairings are created by winemaker Eric von Krosigk.
Read more Ripe with Surprises articles
- Vineyard shows this summer Jul 7
- A new museum comes to town Jun 23
- Run a half-marathon? Yes, you can! Jun 9
- Food & wine writers pour into Kelowna May 26
- Biking bliss in Kelowna May 12
- Golf golf golf! Apr 14
- Reflections on tourism Mar 31
- Sweet song of Spring Mar 3
- Local businesses see CCC action Feb 17
- National chefs to compete in Kelowna Feb 3
- Wine and Dine comes to Kelowna Jan 20
- A guide for all seasons Jan 6
(Click for RSS instructions.)