Do you have your tickets to one of Summerhill’s Chef’s Table dinners yet? The certified organic winery along the Lakeshore Wine Route in Kelowna is putting on two more remarkable evenings featuring wine paired seven course dinner – and limited to only 24 seats per dinner – on April 26 and May 31. These evenings will feature locally sourced ingredients (organic or wild, of course) and Summerhill Pyramid Winery’s award-winning wines.
If you are familiar with the Sunset Organic Bistro’s Executive Chef Jesse Croy, then you know his philosophy of finding great producers and letting the flavours of their food shine through his dishes. These 7-course meals featuring locally-sourced organic or wild ingredients will undoubtedly be a knock-out!
Chef Croy has coordinated a network of local farmers and growers to build his menus, showcasing Canada’s finest wild and organic products. Croy continues to develop his style using organic vegetables from Summerhill’s own onsite culinary permaculture garden. Carefully harvested and processed, these ingredients have become key components in the Sunset Bistro’s seasonal menus. Chef Croy is a firm believer in balancing simplicity and complexity when approaching the plate, ensuring the ingredient and its origin are always well respected.
The dishes at the April 26 and May 31 Chef’s Table dinners will be expertly complemented by Summerhill Pyramid Winery’s organic wine. The pairings are created by winemaker Eric von Krosigk.
Read more Ripe with Surprises articles
- A guide for all seasons Jan 6
- Fun Kelowna stocking stuffers Dec 9
- Stuart Park Rink to open very soon Nov 25
- A time for reflection Nov 11
- Corn mazes delight in Kelowna Oct 28
- Harvest fair coming soon Oct 14
- Grapes & grains trail Sep 30
- Kelowna alive with theatre this month Sep 16
- From Kelowna farms to your table Sep 2
- Beating the heat in Kelowna Aug 19
- Perfect summer hikes Aug 5
- Chefs bring Food Day Canada to market Jul 22
(Click for RSS instructions.)