Mar 29, 2012 / 11:00 am
Did you know that dogs have different learning styles just like us humans? Some dogs are repetitive learners and some are instinctual learners.
For example, many Boarder Collies are instinctively able to herd sheep or cattle, as this is part of their breed specific make-up.
But don’t be fooled by thinking that all dogs within the same breed are going to have the same learning style.
Every dog has its own personality and characteristics, just as we do.
Pay attention to your dog’s unique personality and learning style so you can adapt to better understand their needs, thus increasing your bond with your dog.
Read more Brad Pattison's Dog Tips articles
- Want a toy for your dog? Avoid these Jul 26
- Your dog is not a walking petting zoo Jul 19
- Does your dog have an ear infection? Jul 12
- Be a doggie dentist with these tips Jul 6
- Boating with Fido? Read this first Jun 28
- Running up the stairs shouldn't be ruff Jun 21
- Important tips for traveling with Fido Jun 14
- Watch for these parking lot dangers Jun 7
- Help your dog to play well with others May 31
- Dogs and storms: Tips you must know May 24
- Read this before getting a dog May 17
- Get to know your dog: 5 fun facts May 10
(Click for RSS instructions.)