Feb 23, 2012 / 11:00 am
Would you let your child sit on your lap while you are out driving in your car?
Then why do people allow their dogs to be on their lap in front of the steering wheel?
Never let your dog sit on your lap while you are driving. Not only is it a distraction and impairs your vision, but what if you get in an accident?
You are putting not only yourself in more danger, but you are putting your dog at a higher risk of being killed.
Depending on the size of your dog, using a crate, kennel or seat harness is the safest way to travel with your pooch.
Same thing goes for dogs who roam around freely in the bed of a truck. Crating your dog and securing the crate with tie downs is the safest means of travel.
Read more Brad Pattison's Dog Tips articles
- Want a toy for your dog? Avoid these Jul 26
- Your dog is not a walking petting zoo Jul 19
- Does your dog have an ear infection? Jul 12
- Be a doggie dentist with these tips Jul 6
- Boating with Fido? Read this first Jun 28
- Running up the stairs shouldn't be ruff Jun 21
- Important tips for traveling with Fido Jun 14
- Watch for these parking lot dangers Jun 7
- Help your dog to play well with others May 31
- Dogs and storms: Tips you must know May 24
- Read this before getting a dog May 17
- Get to know your dog: 5 fun facts May 10
(Click for RSS instructions.)