On behalf of the Honourable James Moore, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, Ron Cannan, Member of Parliament (Kelowna–Lake Country), Wednesday announced funding for the Sunshine Theatre Society.
This funding will support the Sunshine Theatre Society in presenting its 2010–2011 season, which will feature more than 20 professional theatre productions at evening performances and school matinees.
The season will run from January to April 2011 at the Mary Irwin Theatre at the Rotary Centre for the Arts in Kelowna. Outreach activities during the season will also include a master class and various workshops for local students.
"I am pleased that our Government continues to fund local organizations like the Sunshine Theatre Society,” added Cannan.
“The Society continues to provide our community with access to some of the best in new Canadian theatre and enriches the cultural experiences of our youth through workshops and other outreach activities.”
“The support of the Government of Canada contributes significantly to our ability to ensure that the very best touring professional theatre productions are available for the enjoyment of Kelowna audiences,” says Tracie Ward, Executive Director.
“This announcement comes perfectly timed to the final selection and planning for the 2010–2011 season, which will go on sale in the summer.”
Sunshine Theatre Society was founded in 1977 and is a leading force for the advancement of theatre in Kelowna and the surrounding area through presentations of high-quality professional theatre and innovative educational programs.
- Are you ready for COG?Entertainment 793 views
- Kevin Hart thinks he's oldEntertainment 560 views
- Ziggy Marley at the KCTEntertainment 427 views
- Gaga meets Dalai LamaEntertainment 900 views
- BET Award winnersEntertainment 514 views
- Winter splits from boyfriend Entertainment 734 views
- Tyga buys $45k grill Entertainment 753 views
- Taylor and Tom's beach dateEntertainment 569 views
- Diane Kruger's pay gapEntertainment 363 views