Anne Heche has been left severely burned and intubated in hospital after a fiery car crash.
The ‘Vanished’ actress, 53, was reportedly driving her blue Mini Cooper on a suburban street in Los Angeles around noon when she smashed into the garage of an apartment complex.
According to TMZ, witnesses tried to help Anne out of the vehicle, but she allegedly backed up and drove off before crashing into another home where her car became “engulfed” in flames.
A bottle with a red cap was seen in the car’s cup holder shortly before the accident.
Aerial shots of video from the accident show smoke billowing out of the home in which she crashed into.
Sources told TMZ Anne is currently intubated in the hospital, but “expected to live”.
One added: “Her condition prevents doctors from performing any tests to determine if she was driving under the influence of alcohol.”
Famed for her high-profile romance with Ellen DeGeneres in the 1990s, Anne has spoken openly about her previous battle with substance abuse.
“She told ABC News in 2020: “I drank. I smoked. I did drugs. I had sex with people. I did anything I could to get the shame out of my life.”
She added her hedonism was a result of her painful childhood that stemmed from being sexually abused by her father, Donald Heche.
Anne added: “I’m not crazy. But it’s a crazy life. I was raised in a crazy family and it took 31 years to get the crazy out of me.”
- 2 Taylor LautnersEntertainment 8:43 pm - 688 views
- Bublé has fourth babyEntertainment 8:40 pm - 633 views
- Travis Barker tests positiveEntertainment 12:38 pm - 2,184 views
- Harry Styles likes to golfEntertainment 12:36 pm - 853 views
- Brad Pitt settles for $20MEntertainment 12:36 pm - 24,056 views
- Angelina Jolie with 'bruises'Entertainment 12:34 pm - 1,500 views
- Lovato recalls overdoseEntertainment 12:34 pm - 742 views
- Baldwin: charges unlikelyEntertainment 12:34 pm - 683 views