33560
33442

Vernon  

File photo: Kelly Hayes
File photo: Kelly Hayes

Lumby firefighters not impressed

by - Story: 35796


The Lumby Fire Department is not impressed.

Members were called out to a reported trailer fire in town early Friday morning. Fire Chief, Tony Clayton, says they found a mattress on fire. He says the occupant of a trailer woke up to find the mattress on fire, threw it out and went back to bed.

"He says the mattress caught fire sometime through the night and he threw it outside and let it burn."

Clayton says a neighbour called in the fire. He says the outcome could have been disastrous.

"Because he just threw the mattress outside, five feet away from the outside of the trailer and never called us."

Clayton says the cause was either an electric heater or smoking in bed.


More Vernon News

29319
Recent Trending


31570




31834


Castanet pays for news tips. Email us a news tip, photo, or video and your name will be in a draw for our weekly news tip prize $25. Email us [email protected]


31916


Vernon SPCA Featured Pet

Oreo
Oreo Vernon SPCA >


32092




Member of the RTNDA
28649