143366

BC  

Carbon monoxide concerns

A man and two children have been taken to hospital after firefighters say they were exposed to carbon monoxide in a southeast Vancouver home.

Vancouver assistant fire chief Dan Stroup says crews were called to the home at around 11:30 Tuesday night.

He says one of the victims was initially treated for chest pains but first responders quickly traced the problem to a carbon monoxide issue.

The conditions of the three are not immediately available.

Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless gas most frequently produced by engine exhaust, or improperly vented or maintained gas or propane appliances such as furnaces or fireplaces.

A woman and two children were recently released from hospital after being overcome by carbon monoxide while driving in Abbotsford on Boxing Day, and 13 workers needed emergency treatment after the gas filled a small office building in Vancouver on Dec. 5. (News1130)



More BC News

BC
136610
Vancouver Webcam
Webcam provided by webcams.travel
143436
Recent Trending
146117
Soft 103.9
145395
Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada
143233



146575
145963