135851
58886

Vernon  

Trailer fire in Vernon

Vernon Fire Rescue were called to a fire in a fifth wheel Tuesday that could have had disastrous results.

Deputy Fire Chief Scott Hemsted said the fifth-wheel trailer had a wood stove installed and the heat from the stove caught items in the trailer on fire.

Hemsted said the owner of the trailer, which was parked in an empty lot across from Super Store in Anderson Subdivision, had the fire “mostly out” when fire crews arrived.

Hemsted said having a wood-burning stove in such a trailer “is not an ideal place for it.”

The owner of the trailer refused medical treatment and once crews made sure the fire was out, they returned to the fire hall.

Hemsted said the potential for injury or worse is high with such a setup.

“There's not many ways to escape a trailer. They are a small space and will fill up with smoke very fast,” said Hemsted.



More Vernon News

134643
Recent Trending


50146


58868


Send us your News Tips!


135037
Okanagan Oldies

Vernon SPCA Featured Pet

Ruby Roundhouse
Ruby Roundhouse Vernon SPCA >


96008




Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada
58209