59222
55957

Kelowna  

Candles cause of house fire

Twenty-foot flames were shooting from the second floor of an East Kelowna home when firefighters arrived on scene Friday night.

A 911 call about 11:30 p.m. reported smoke and flames coming from a bedroom in the home on the 1700 block of Garner Road.

Crews arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the rear of the home.

Firefighters battled the blaze from the interior to quickly contain and knock down the fire, while outside, a second hose team stopped it from spreading to large pine trees around the home, says Platoon Capt. Kelly Stephens.

The fire caused extensive damage to both the first and second floors of the home, and spread into the attic space.

Three people and a pet cat all got out safely and were displaced by the fire. They are being cared for by Emergency Support Services.

Candles are being pointed to as the cause of the blaze.



More Kelowna News

55170
Recent Trending
56309


49792


55170


58579
Okanagan Oldies

Kelowna SPCA Featured Pet

Ellie
Ellie Kelowna SPCA >


58437


55860


Castanet Proud Member of RTNDA Canada
58224