- Rockets coach to debutWHL 1:07 pm - 2,025 views
- De Grasse to race in BCSports 11:49 am - 374 views
- Chance to end the seriesVees' View 10:53 am - 451 views
- NHL not to OlympicsSports 8,432 views
- Rockets ready for BlazersWHL 1,613 views
- Lind, Hamilton get nodWHL 2,148 views
- Vees' take hold of seriesBCHL Playoffs 582 views
- A 'Max' deal for FrenchBCHL 1,420 views
- Olympian Cochrane retiresSports 628 views
Canadians Dillon Brooks and Dylan Ennis each scored in double figures to help the Oregon Ducks defeat the Michigan Wolverines 69-68 on Thursday to advance to the Elite 8 of the NCAA men's basketball tournament.
Ottawa Senators' defenceman Marc Methot was on the wrong end of a Sidney Crosby slash. And his finger paid the price.
National Puppy Day — a day designed just for your cuddly four-legged best friend, and professional sports teams and athletes don't hold back celebrating their furbaby's.
Canadian star sprinter Andre De Grasse will compete at this year's Harry Jerome International Track Classic.
De Grasse won the 100- and 200-metre races at last year's Harry Jerome meet while preparing for the 2016 Rio Olympics, where he won a silver medal in the 200-metres and bronze in both the 100 and 400-metre relays.
He will be at this year's meet on June 28 at Perry Percy Stadium in Coquitlam, as a warm-up for the world athletics championships this August in London. He won bronze in the 100 and the 4x100 relay at the 2015 world championships in Beijing.
"I just try to have a lot of fun when I'm competing because I know how hard it is during training," De Grasse, from Markham, Ont., said in a statement.
"And there are always going to be ups and downs with sports, but I have to remember to always just be motivated because I know I inspire a lot of people and I want to show them it's a fun sport. I want to lift up the sport, especially in Canada."
International Ice Hockey Federation President Rene Fasel tells The Associated Press he needs to know by the end of April whether NHL players will be cleared to play in the South Korea Olympics next year.
Maple Leafs defenceman Roman Polak was suspended two games Thursday for his hit on Columbus forward Oliver Bjorkstrand. He was given a major boarding penalty and game misconduct on the play in Toronto's 5-2 victory on Wednesday night.
Canadian star sprinter Andre De Grasse, who won the 100- and 200-metre races at last year's Harry Jerome track meet, will be back at the June event to gear up for the world athletics championships this August in London.
By her lofty standards, it was a rough season for Kaillie Humphries. That's why the Canadian bobsleigh star will continue auditioning brakemen until the 11th hour as she prepares to put her Olympic title on the line.
Swiss authorities say prosecutors have questioned Germany soccer great Franz Beckenbauer in their ongoing World Cup fraud case. The Swiss attorney general's office says "Beckenbauer was cooperative."
Anthony Calvillo credits Tracy Ham with resurrecting his CFL career with the Montreal Alouettes, and Wednesday night Calvillo followed his mentor into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame, securing induction in his first year of eligibility. Ham retired after the 1999 season and was inducted in 2010.
Imagine the Blackhawks resting Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and Duncan Keith all at once on the same night. Or the Penguins doing the same with Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Phil Kessel. If the NBA's recent troubling phenomenon of resting stars reaches the NHL, it might just happen.
With his mother facing surgery to treat stomach cancer, a tearful Jason Day walked off the course Wednesday, six holes into his opening match at the Dell Technologies Match Play.
More Sports News
- Looking out for baby owlsPenticton - 7:00 pm
- Judge tries to fast-track trialKamloops - 6:47 pm
- Armed robbery nets 5 yearsKelowna - 6:00 pm
- Focus on texting and drivingSummerland - 5:15 pm
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan All Stars Hockey Club
- Knights of West Kelowna
- Canadian Hockey Enterprises
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
- Kelowna Women's Soccer
- Kelowna Men's Soccer
- Okanagan Challenge
- Kelowna United FC
- Central Okanagan Youth
- Kelowna Youth Soccer
- Westside Youth Soccer
- Rutland Youth Soccer
- Lake Country Youth Soccer
- Penticton Soccer Club
- South Okanagan Similkameen Youth Soccer
- Thompson Okanagan Football Club
- Sunplex Futsal League
- Pepsi Premier Soccer League
- CSA | FIFA | MLS
- Kelowna AquaJets
- Liquid Lightning Swim Club
- Ogopogo Summer Swim Club
- Okanagan Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Masters Swim Club
- KISU Swim Club
- Kelowna Badminton Club
- The Penticton Yacht & Tennis
- OK Mission Tennis
- Lakeview Heights Tennis
- Vernon Tennis Association
- Squash BC Okanagan League
- ESPN Tennis
- Kelowna Junior Racquetball